Judging by the detailed comments posted by Gilles
, it seems that some of the site’s functionalities are not really obvious to many of you. Here is a detailed answer which I hope will be helpful.
Uploading your images
When using the Upload function, you can actually upload as many photos and/or videos as you wish: each time you fill-in the field and click on “browse”, a new line with an empty field appears underneath.
There’s no limitation but the more files you upload at once, the longer the upload. Can be a bit frustrating if there is a connection “hiccup” during the upload… ?
We also provide a Photo folder upload which allows you to transmit a whole series of pictures without having to enter them one by one.
Organizing your images
To organize your collections you have two options :
- before upload : on the Upload page, choose the collection where you want to integrate your new images
- after upload : on the My collections page, the first icon: All my media lists all your uploaded media, allows you to select any of them and drag-n-drop them in any collection.
Showing and publishing images
Showing and publishing your images is quite simple:
All pictures and videos are moderated before publication in order to check their quality and originality. Once moderated, works can be viewed on the site.
To blog one of your collections, all you have to do is:
1. go to My collections page
2. choose a collection
3. in the lower box where you see stamp-sized pix, click on Blog me
4. a preview appears: beneath the player you’ll find a code/link to copy and paste into your blog
You can also create a lightbox including your and other people’s images and blog it :
1. on the My collection page, go to the bottom of the page (lightbox tab)
2. click on the New button and name your lightbox
3. drag-n-drop in the grey area the pix and/or videos you selected
4. click on My lightboxes (upper-left corner)
5. select the lightbox you created
6. in the lower box where you see stamp-sized pix, click on Blog me
7. a preview appears: beneath the player you’ll find a code/link to copy and paste into your blog
So, you may ask: what’s the difference between a Collection and a Lightbox?
A Collection allows you to edit your OWN work while in a Lightbox you can put any media from the site.
Did you find these tips useful? Don’t hesitate to let us know